• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

new here

darin506

i recently got a corn juvi, bout 12-14 inches long, hes my 4th corn ive had but my first young one, turned out to have mites so i wasted no time when i first saw em and acted quickly, ive got it pretty well contained, jus gettin the last few out from his eyes that im pretty sure are dead but i killed off quite a few with the baths i gave him,everything was cleaned and sanitised really good and i clean everything almost every day to make sure i got the mites taken care of and so far mite free (knock on wood), he was a little skiddish at first but has opened up pretty quick, i think he felt a big relief once he felt he was having all the mites taken off him! i have a question about tank humidity though as i cant quite remember what a good level is, (been 10 years since ive had my last snake), i have a level monitor in his tank and it usualy bounces around 15-30, tonight i decided to spray the moss in his tank and rose it up to the 40-50 percent range and hes become quite lively, is that a good level to keep it at or could i bring it back down a little bit? just an observation ive noticed and i am kinda curious, i look foward to talking to everybody!

Welcome!
Sucks about the mites. I recommend Prevent-a-Mite spray, which is safe for the snakes and the aspen if you use it sparingly. But it does keep the mites away!
Corns don't really need humidity, they can take it or leave it. sometimes it can help with the shedding though if problems arise with that.
I'm glad you joined us here.

he seems to really like having the option, he likes to lay in the moss now and then.. i jus decided to expierment and see what happend if i rose the humidity level, its the first time ive had a humidity monitor in the cage, the cage had aspen but i switched to a carpet substance after i found the mites, i bought the entire setup snake included from a buddy since i dont have any of my old equip. from when i had all my other snakes so im kinda starting over fresh but none the less im excited to be back in snake keeping! ill have to look into the PAV spray, ive been keeping a real close eye and giving some baths to make sure im drowning any remaining, hes had one bath diluted lightly with betadine to kinda help his bites and he seemed to really enjoy swimming in that water!:)

Back