• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New Hook Up

richm2778

Well, I have had my male and female Leucistic Texas Rat Snakes separated since she dropped eggs 2 weeks ago. I had her checked out by the herp vet, and he says she is in perfect shape. I put her back into her tank this afternoon, and before I knew it, my male was hooked up with her for a good 30 minutes or so. I guess she will be laying eggs again soon. I know people hate the cohabbing thing, but they have been together for a few years, and there has never been an issue. I also feed them separately just to make sure. For the most part, they are uninterested in mating, but if they are separated for a few weeks and then placed back together, he is all over her.

I was concerned, but she is so much bigger than the male, and the herp vet said she would not copulate with him unless she was ready. The truth is, I think she started it. Anyway, I am excited, and this will quite obviously be the last clutch of the season if it takes.

Rich

Back