• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

new little snow stripe

Redalbino

pick up this little guy today, I was not planning on getting more snakes right now but I could not help myself :)
Took some fast photos before settling him into his new home.

Does anyone have any idea what the dark spots on his eyes and nose are and what I should do about it?

Attachments

• snow1.jpg
    snow1.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 141
  • snow2.jpg
    snow2.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 141
  • snow3.jpg
    snow3.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 142
  • snow4.jpg
    snow4.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 141
Veru pretty.. Looks like he has a little bit of nose rub... Looks to be healing though.. Just keep an eye on it and maybe use tiny bit of neosporin..

Veru pretty.. Looks like he has a little bit of nose rub... Looks to be healing though.. Just keep an eye on it and maybe use tiny bit of neosporin..

^^ This for the nose rub. However, the black specs in the eye is nothing. My snows have this too, nothing to worry about.

Hooray for little striped snow corns! I just picked mine up on Thursday! (I posted pics, but since I'm typing this on my iPhone I can't get the link right now.)

Yours is lovely, but then, I'm a little biased toward striped snows right now. ;)

I wouldn't have resisted either! Congrats on your pretty new addition. His rubbed spots will likely disappear with his next shed.

Can you double check the black specks around the eyes? I've seen similar pictures that turned out to be mites in the rim of the eye.

they are hard to see in person I didnt notice the black in his eyes intill I looked at the pictures, but they are in the same spot in both eyes. I checked him over and I dont see black spots anywhere else on his body, but I have never had to deal with mites so im not sure what im looking for.

Just checked him over again and discovered a small black spot under one of his belly scales but I couldnt get it out, so I soaked him in some luke warm water and after that I got it out and it WAS a mite! next question is whats the best way to treat them? I have other snakes in the house, will they need to be treated as well even though he has not been around them?

Just checked him over again and discovered a small black spot under one of his belly scales but I couldnt get it out, so I soaked him in some luke warm water and after that I got it out and it WAS a mite! next question is whats the best way to treat them? I have other snakes in the house, will they need to be treated as well even though he has not been around them?
Mites spread surprisingly fast, so you could probably do best to treat a;; of the with the nix remedy.

I know its a huge disappointment but im very worried for my other snakes, I have started the treatment and so far there is no sign of mites on any of my other snakes (thank god I quarantined!). I brought his body back to the store I bought him from and got a refund, I will be going somewhere else to buy a different one, there is a nice adult bloodred I have my eye on if he is still for sale when im sure the mites are gone I will buy him.

Back