• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New Member...Calling all Terrapins!!

Dr. Zoidburg

Hey all. I saw this wesbite on ball-pythons.net and thought I'd join. This is by far the most active corn forum I've seen to date!

My name is Dennis and I'm a junior at the University of Maryland. I was curious to know if there were any other other terps out there? I'm a member on many forums and have yet to find one! If there are other fellow terps around pm me and I'd love to see your collection sometime. You can facebook me first if you'd like...I promise I'm not a creeper. :D

Anywho, I have one ball python and 1 Abbott's Okeetee corn. In the near future I'd like to add a borneo short tail to my collection, some more BPs, and maybe corn morph or two. But until then I'll be perusing the "photo forum" of this site looking at all the beautiful corns I'd love to have!

-Dennis

Hey Dennis, welcome.
This is a good place to learn about corns and a bunch of other stuff.
If you scroll down on the main page there is a Mid-Atlantic Cornsnake Club forum.

ummmmmm Alan I don't think I had noticed that!!! LMAO

Dennis Welcome :) I am in Hagerstown ... you know the hilly billy part of MD hehehe

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
What is a "terp?" A keeper of terps?? I have chelonians, but unfortunately, no terps, although i covet them.
The University of Maryland mascot is a Terrapin. : )

I am a terp born and raised welcome to the forums!!!
Nice! Happen to catch the UNC-MD game this weekend? About time we got a win. :cheers:

Hey Dennis, welcome.
This is a good place to learn about corns and a bunch of other stuff.
If you scroll down on the main page there is a Mid-Atlantic Cornsnake Club forum.
Shweet! I'll check it out.
Dennis Welcome :) I am in Hagerstown ... you know the hilly billy part of MD hehehe
Haha, I know it well from baseball trips back in the day! Have you ever been to Flintstone Maryland out near Cumberland? Now THAT is real hic town. :D

I know all of that area fairly well .... my family is from Boondox VA my hubby was born in Greenbelt and grew up in Olney it took some convincing to get him out of that metro area! It's all too much for me! hahaha I graduated from poolesville ... I much prefer life at a slower pace.

I hope no one ever mistakes me for a Gator...

I have a habitat out in my yard called Terra Pen!

I know all of that area fairly well .... my family is from Boondox VA my hubby was born in Greenbelt and grew up in Olney it took some convincing to get him out of that metro area! It's all too much for me! hahaha I graduated from poolesville ... I much prefer life at a slower pace.

Poolesville oh i know we know some people in common now and olney is three miles from me where most of my siblings graduated from!! I never knew there was a mid-atlantic forum on here thanks Alan. Yes i did catch some of the game mostly via the man of the house screaming though, lol.

We used to tip cows in poolesville well not me becaue I found it really mean even at that age, though the sound they always made kinda did make me laugh just a little. I went to the univ. of md. for awhile, but am now on-line getting a maters in applied science and health care administration- what yours phd in?

Well I'm still an undergrad so no phd...yet. :licklips: I'm majoring in Psychology with a minor in neuroscience and hope to go to physical therapy school one day.

I assume you thought I was a phd from my username, Dr. Zoidburg? He is a character from the fantastic show Futurama. :D

And speaking of my neuroscience minor...I must return to my notes for the upcoming Neural Circuits and Behavior exam. Eek!

-Dennis

I was going to say, I assume you are talking about terrapin TURTLES, NOT the mascot. But someone already beat me to it!

The only thing I know about terrapins is that I used to come across them from time to time as a child on the Delaware wildlife refuge I grew up on. They're beautiful turtles! But they have the same attitude as a snapping turtle! The wild ones at least.

Devon

Welcome to the forum!!

My dad got his undergrad from U of Md and I spent my first couple of years of college in the Columbia area.

Back