• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New member - Cornelius

safire6

Hi,

Just found this website-very cool! I've had snakes since I was a kid (I'm 57 now:eek:) but 6 weeks ago I got my first corn-named him Cornelius :). He's 5 years old, a little more than 4 ft long and I think he's what is called a Amelanistic Okeetee phase. Once I figure out how to posts pics, I will.

Cornelius is a good eater, and seems to love being handled. I've got some questions about his 35 gal. aquarium that I'll ask about later. Until then-glad this forum is here!

Welcome to the forum and the world of Cornsnakes!
Those are also referred to as Reverse Okeetees.

Looking forward to seeing the pics!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! OK so here's my first try at posting a pic of Cornelius, let's see if this works....

DSCF8163.jpg.html

His aquarium is a 35 gallon size, hexagon in shape and 23" across at the widest point and 24" high. Since he's a bit more than 4 ft long, when stretched out on the floor of the aquarium he completely encircles it (if you get my drift). My concern is that the aquarium should be wider or longer, giving more "floor space" for him to stretch out more. What do y'all think?

Steve

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! OK so here's my first try at posting a pic of Cornelius, let's see if this works....

DSCF8163.jpg.html

His aquarium is a 35 gallon size, hexagon in shape and 23" across at the widest point and 24" high. Since he's a bit more than 4 ft long, when stretched out on the floor of the aquarium he completely encircles it (if you get my drift). My concern is that the aquarium should be wider or longer, giving more "floor space" for him to stretch out more. What do y'all think?

Steve

Well I guess that didn't work! Any advice on how to post pics? Thanks!

If you upload your picture to an image hosting site like Photobucket or imgur, you can right click the photo and copy it over here. Just click the little button of the mountain in your reply to paste the image code in. There's a testing section at the very bottom of the front page if you want to test out your photos or you can click the preview button/go advanced button before you post.

If you upload your picture to an image hosting site like Photobucket or imgur, you can right click the photo and copy it over here. Just click the little button of the mountain in your reply to paste the image code in. There's a testing section at the very bottom of the front page if you want to test out your photos or you can click the preview button/go advanced button before you post.

Thanks hypnoctopus, I tried that first time around but I obviously goofed something up. Here's another try.
DSCF8163.jpg

Okay, so what I did is right clicked it, selected view image and then copied the image location. Very pretty guy, by the way!

Welcome, I'm new too and I've had a lot f help so far with my new corn! She's a beauty too. Much younger, only about a month and a half.

His aquarium is a 35 gallon size, hexagon in shape and 23" across at the widest point and 24" high. Since he's a bit more than 4 ft long, when stretched out on the floor of the aquarium he almost completely encircles it. My concern is that the aquarium should be wider or longer, giving more "floor space" for him to stretch out more. What do y'all think?

Here is an overhead pic of Cornelius's viv (aquarium?).

Is it an appropriate size for a 4 foot + snake?

Thanks,

Steve

DSCF8155.jpg

My opinion is that it's a bit on the small side just judging by his size. Do you know if he's a climber at all? Since it's pretty tall, he might enjoy some vertical branches and/or a reptile hammock.

My opinion is that it's a bit on the small side just judging by his size. Do you know if he's a climber at all? Since it's pretty tall, he might enjoy some vertical branches and/or a reptile hammock.

Thanks for your comments! It's 24" tall and yes he climbs but usually only at night. I do have a sturdy branch that reaches to the top that is not shown in this pic. I think I'm going to get a larger aquarium that will let him stretch out more though.

Back