• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New member, first snake

MinnesotanInPA

Hey all...

About 6 months ago I purchased my first corn, and I think he was about 2 months old at the time of purchase. Actually, the snake was a gift for my 8 year old son, who has a fascination with reptiles. He seems to be doing well, and I think he is about to move to fuzzies. He is approximately 19.5 inches, weight unknown. Here are some pics:

Attachments

• Snake 1.JPG
    Snake 1.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Snake 4.JPG
    Snake 4.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Snake 9.JPG
    Snake 9.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Snake 11.JPG
    Snake 11.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Snake 15.JPG
    Snake 15.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 35
Thanks for the welcome heather and nanci.

Nanci, I would like to be in FL, or San Diego, for the nice weather. However, I am actually looking to move back to MN to be close to family.

Scales (the name my son gave the snake) had just shed, so I was finally able to pick him up today, and snap a few pics. I just wish he would have held still so that I could have gotten a decent shot.

Where are you from in MN, and where will you be moving back to? We've got some CS members up there! I grew up in Roseville, lived in St. Paul, Maplewood, and then Stillwater right before I moved to Florida.

Look at all you guys from MN!!! Yet, it seems like everyone was some how able to escape and move to 'greener' pastures - literally :)

I'm still here - its still cold - I would suggest never coming back! MN is like an ex girlfriend/boyfriend... You leave because you hate it, then after some time away you forget the bad, only remember the good and want to come back. Trust me - its not better the 2nd time around :)

Beautiful snake... He seems about the size of mine now - and she's on 2 pinkies a week... I'm scared to up her to fuzzies - let me know how it goes!

I spent most of my life in Mendota Heights, although I briefly lived in Farmington before I joined the Navy. I got out of the Navy 10 years ago, and have lived in PA ever since. Now that I have kids, I want to move back to MN so that we can be close to my family. I grew up being able to see all my relatives all the time, and I have a very close (in relationship terms) family, and I want my kids to have that as well.

I have also been nervous about upgrade to fuzzies, fearing that they would be too big, and he would get hurt trying to eat them. The last pinks I bought were from petco, but I normally buy from a diff store in PA that sells them cheaper, in packs of 5. He is due to eat on Sunday, and I have not decided if I should give him the last 2 petco pinks, and upgrade to fuzzies for next week, or just give him 1.

Has anyone heard of "Peach Fuzzies"?? I found a reptile store selling them - I guess they market them as in between pinkies and fuzzies... Is this ridiculous? (I think I'll post this in the feeding area too...)

No, that is a fairly standard classification. It can be a bit interesting ordering online, because sometimes the different suppliers use different names for the similar sized mice. But generally they will say what the typical weight is of the different sizes, so you can tell what it is you're ordering.

I feed pinks then double pinks then do peach fuzzies for a couple of feeds to ease them into fuzzies so yeah peach fuzzies are for real though not everyone feeds them. I like that they are the same weight as two pinks but closer to the size of a fuzzy but not quite as big.

Welcome to the forum! That is a pretty little worm you have there!
(and I think you did a fine job taking photos! they are squirmy little things!)

Back