• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New member, new snake!

Lawrl

Hello all! I've been browsing (aka creeping) for awhile so I thought I would introduce myself and my snake.

I got Meraxes, a baby amel, about 3 weeks ago from Petco. I learned later that it's best to get them at reptile shows and from breeders, but he seems to be in good health. I had a heck of a time getting him to eat the 1st time (frozen pinky) but after a 2 week hunger strike, he ate his first meal with me. Last night I gave him his second meal and he gulped it down instantly. It was so cool watching him swallow his mouse!

Lately, Meraxes has gotten more confident in exploring his terrarium (20g tall right now--will upgrade when he gets bigger). In the past few days I've seen him climbing up the cord for his thermostat and wedging himself right under the screen top. I do have screen clips AND Norton anthologies piled on top to prevent any escapes.

Looking forward to chatting with you all! I'll try to attach a photo later.

1fec66f7.png

Here's a photo of him on my red plaid blanket.

Ah sorry! Meant to post this in new member introductions but just realized I clicked the wrong link. Feel free to move this thread.

Welcome! And nice little snake you got there. Many here have got some nice snakes from the pet box stores, so don't feel bad about it. I think you have a greater chance of getting healthy, well taken care of snakes from the smaller or hobbiest breeders - and I like to support the ones here!

And the hunger strike, I know how upsetting that can be. I've got one on a two month strike, tonight I try Ivory soap dipped and boiling water. I wish he would eat! He ate twice for the breeder, just won't eat for me.

Pugsly, I hope your snake starts eating soon. I know how stressful it can be :(

Thanks to everyone for the welcomes!

Back