• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New member... Pic attached..

QuornSnake

Hebi Kage
Hi!

Just thought I'd post as I joined the forum the other day.

Had my corn (Bolo) since march and he/she's now about 10 months old.

Heres a pic, at first i thought he/she was anerythristic, but im not 100%, so if anyone can tell me otherwise please do :D
2008.jpg

2008-2.jpg

Sorry for the low quality pic (iphone camera is shocking!)

Bolo has shed four times and is currently on 2 fuzzies each monday.

Also are there any other ways, apart from probing, that i can find out (informatively guess) the sex?

Welcome to the forum!

Looks like you've got yourself a Caramel...and a pretty one at that! :)

First off, welcome to CS.com. :cheers:
Your snake looks very much like a Caramel but there seems to be something a little different about him/her. It is very light meaning it could be a possible Amber. There is definitely something odd about the snakes blotches. There is a high number of blotches and seem to be a little mis-shapen. JMO :shrugs: Either way you have a very attractive snake.
Jay :cool:

Thanks people, im thinking its a caramel now, i seem to remember the reptile shop assistant mentioning he's a caramel.

Each time shedding happens the yellow/greenish tinge around his neck gets a little more prominent. Looks pretty nice IMO.

Welcome to the forum! There's some great advice from some knowledgeable folks on here. Very handsome snake you have too. Have fun on here.

welcome, it's atleast caramel but I agree that it looks lighter than most I've seen so maybe it's an amber (caramel/hypomelanistic). The markings do look small and high in number, but I have an ultramel that has similair patterns and it's quite normal.

Hi, and Welcome!

Nice snake you have there,

One thing - I think your snake could handle something bigger than fuzzies, depending on the size of the fuzzies you get obvioulsy.

Make your stay at CS.com long and full of enjoyment!

Connor

Thanks for all the nice comments :p

I found a few tips for checking the sex on here, going to have a look when I get in tommorrow, something about counting the scales between the tail tip and anus.

Will try to get some better res pics with my digital camera to post them up here. And if I can ever get him/her to sit still for half a second!

Hi, and Welcome!

Nice snake you have there,

One thing - I think your snake could handle something bigger than fuzzies, depending on the size of the fuzzies you get obvioulsy.

Really? I've been thinking about moving up a size, although the size range of the fuzzies I get is pretty wide, some are just bigger than pinkies and some have White fur and are about as big as [WARNING! Bizarre size comparison follows] a cocktail sausage.

Would you advise 1x hopper over 3x fuzzies?

Cheers

Really? I've been thinking about moving up a size, although the size range of the fuzzies I get is pretty wide, some are just bigger than pinkies and some have White fur and are about as big as [WARNING! Bizarre size comparison follows] a cocktail sausage.

Would you advise 1x hopper over 3x fuzzies?

Cheers
I'd advise you don't serve up the fuzzies on cocktail sticks at parties!:rofl:

I'd say you should go for a hopper, If its within 1 - 1.5 times the girth (thickness) of the widest part of the snake. As far as I know a hopper has more nutritional value for your snake than 3 fuzzies.

Happy to help,
Connor

Thanks for the advise fellas, i can tell this forum has a pretty good community already!

Im off to the reptile place today, ill have a look at the size of their hoppers and probably get a few, they can stay frozen if he wont take one first time.

Back