• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New owners from RI

marley8990

HI everyone, i am new to the site as well as owning a corn snake. My girlfriend and I decided it would be a good idea to own a corn snake. So here it is its name is Marley, and we dont know if it is a boy or a girl but were leaning twards girl. If theres any information on how to tell it would be greatly appreicated. Marley is about a foot long now, we did feed her once already but are still waiting for her to shed. If anyone could tell me what type of cornsnake she is that would also be greatly appreicated.

Attachments

• marley.jpg
    marley.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 35
Okay, I'll go first. An overhead pic would make this easier, but by this pic I would lean towards a Phantom. Next?

Hello and welcome to the forums and to corn snakes. It looks like you have a little ghost there. Very pretty! Sexing, well can be a bit difficult. Do you know anyone that has snakes, that may be able to help? If not, then you can check out Kathy Loves site @ Cornutopia.com. She has a popping tutorial that may be able to help you. You can also do a search on youtube for sexing corn snakes.

Good luck and welcome to the forums again,

Wayne

Hey! Welcome to the forum! Glad you could join us! There are so many nice owners and breeders on here who are always willing to help any way that they can :0) Also be sure to take some time to read the F&Q area as that answers a lot of questions already :0)

As for what kind of corn you have..I would say maybe an anery or ghost..those are my guesses...Very cute snake though...As for telling if it's male or female..the only true way to do that is by popping or probing and both should only be done by those experienced in doing so..

wow thanks for the quick replies i posted and like 2 min later i had my first reply. heres a couple more nothing really overhead yet we just got her so im sure theres many more pictures to come.

Attachments

• marley1.JPG
    marley1.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 31
  • marley2.jpg
    marley2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 31
Yeah, he/she is a ghost. Just to give you a couple examples, here are my girl ghosts, when they were little.

This is muse, when she was about the same age,
picture.php

Then this is Banshee and she was about the same age in this photo,
picture.php

You have one nice looking snake. Definitely keep us posted and if you have any questions, please ask!

Wayne

Hi :)

I recommend you take your corn to captive born reptiles on morse road. Ask for Terry he is the owner and a real nice guy. He will tell you if it is a girl or boy. That is how I found out my snake was a boy!

Back