• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New pics and addition

lovesbuggs

Pics of our new additions...sorry for the food lumps. Not only am I new to corn snakes but also learning to use a new camera. These little guys only hold still long enough for a good photo while they are eating.

This our first corn (formerly named Maize) who has been renamed Checkers. Petco called him a "black". From the help I've received so far from everyone on here I gather he is an Anery. We've had him a week today :)

lovesbuggs

This our newest baby I was told was an "Albino". I'm guessing it's Amel. I was not going to purchase from Petco again but after the SIXTH time of visiting this beauty I had to take her home. She is very light pink and white, no orange what-so-ever. The markings and pattern of the two babies are almost identical only the color is different. She was due to be fed when I bought her, I opted to take and feed her myself. She ate right away and is now very active in her new home :)

lovesbuggs

YEA!!!! I got it!! Okies...

This is Checkers... The Anery(?)
021.jpg

This is my new baby Amel(?)
075.jpg

Both of their tummys look like perfect checker boards :)

That last picture is throwing me off... It looks like a snow...but it has belly checkers?

As for the anery.. the picture almost looks like it's back pattern has red in it, which would make me think it's a normal, but it might just be the picture playing tricks on me. I'll leave it the the professionals Lol Either way, nice looking babies ya got!

The first pic is a Normal/Classic, (unless the colors are way off, the saddles look reddish, looks more Normal/Classic to me) the second pic is a Snow.
Some people do call Snows "Albinos", but normally, the "Albino" term is used for Amel's.
Anery's are sometimes called "Black Albino's". It can be confusing, I know.

I was going to call my corn "Checker", but decided against it. I still think it's a good name. I don't know very much about different morphs, so I can't help there. All I know is these are a couple of little cuties you've got. :)

The first pic is a Normal/Classic, (unless the colors are way off, the saddles look reddish, looks more Normal/Classic to me) the second pic is a Snow.
Some people do call Snows "Albinos", but normally, the "Albino" term is used for Amel's.
Anery's are sometimes called "Black Albino's". It can be confusing, I know.

Yay I was right :D

Snows do actually have belly checkers, they're just usually pink and white or yellow and white. Only motleys, stripes, and diffused morphs don't have belly checkers. Tesseras are also a bit weird on that front - I believe they have black markings on the belly, but not in the classic checkerboard fashion.

I don't know what your first guy is, but it's not a classic - their background colors are usually never that pale and uniformly gray, and the saddles would be redder, not the light brown that it looks like in the picture. It could be an anery, but it's looking a little light. Some pictures of the eyes could be helpful, as some of the morphs have pretty definitive eye colors. If it is in fact a classic, which I still doubt, then the eyes will be orange/orangey brown. If it's an anery, the eyes will be gray.

A good site for morph identification is Ian's Vivarium. That being said, individuals of any morph can vary greatly in appearance, so you can't always find a definitive answer based strictly on looks. Knowing the genetics of the parents is usually your best bet.

Hope that helps!

For come reason I think the first one looks like a coral or strawberry ghost? The lighting is just really hard though.

Back