• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New Rescues

DaGiant

DaBig Guy retired to MS
I was contacted by a guy asking if I was interested in a couple of snakes,
so I naturally was interested. LOL
These are both from '10 and he was keeping them both in the same 10g
tank w/no heat. His wife found about them and told him they HAD to go.
His loss is my gain.. the first on is a late '10 M Normal Corn.
The second one I am absolutely loving! I had never seen one before
and haven't found much info on them yet.
It is '10 F Japanese Rat Snake, she is gold/green with gold eyes and
faint stripes the length of her body. Here are a few quick pics of
the Rat.. corn pics later

Attachments

• Jap Rat 1.jpg
    Jap Rat 1.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 108
  • Japan Rat 3.jpg
    Japan Rat 3.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 108
  • Misc pre Christmas pics 026.JPG
    Misc pre Christmas pics 026.JPG
    177.1 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
She looks awesome what a beautiful girl you have congrats on your new rat snake and your new corn rat snakes are awesome. ;)

My friend has an adult Kunasir rat snake, Haku. He is drop dead GORGEOUS! He's also about 6 ft long and very impressive. I've toyed with the idea of getting one for some time.

Congrats! Nice find! Merry Christmas to you!

Devon

Gorgeous!! Congrats! (And, I agree, lucky you and lucky snakes.. Lol)

Those Japanese rats are stunning. (On that note, is there a difference between Japanese and Kunisir rats, or is it just 2 names for the same species?) Every time I see one, I start wondering if there's room on my wishlist for one more rat snake... Troublesome, considering I'm trying to be responsible by telling myself I'm done after the next 2, at least until everyone's all grown up... :p

My friend has an adult Kunasir rat snake, Haku. He is drop dead GORGEOUS! He's also about 6 ft long and very impressive. I've toyed with the idea of getting one for some time.
Congrats! Nice find! Merry Christmas to you!
Devon

Thanks Devon,
Kunasir Island Rats are the same snake, from a Russian Island near Japan.
I can't wait for her to grow up.. LOL

Gorgeous!! Congrats! (And, I agree, lucky you and lucky snakes.. Lol)

Those Japanese rats are stunning. (On that note, is there a difference between Japanese and Kunisir rats, or is it just 2 names for the same species?) Every time I see one, I start wondering if there's room on my wishlist for one more rat snake... Troublesome, considering I'm trying to be responsible by telling myself I'm done after the next 2, at least until everyone's all grown up... :p

Thank You Taylor!
They are 2 names for the same species.. You know you want one.. LOL
They seem to be more difficult to find..

Gorgeous! Great pick up Gene... I bet she will be much happier now.

Thanks Angela
I hope so, she will be fed better and less stress..

Back