• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New Snake owner as of today!

JadasMommi

First time snake owner
Hello! My name is Nanno and I just brought home my first reptile! A beautiful corn snake, I believe it is an Okeetee? Anyways, she is definitly a she and her name is Jada. I've done about 5 months of research and notes about corn snakes and pythons, which I almost purchased, but I came to my senses, Corns are awesome! I will get a picture of Jada soon, I need to find my camera first!! I live in South Florida where unfortunatly, Corns are becoming a common yard ornament. :( I plan to educate the people around here, with using Jada as example. To many people just release their snakes, and assuming that because with live in a sub tropical area that this is natural to them. WRONG. I can't wait to start this wonderful relationship with Jada :)

Hi Nanno :wavey: welcome to the forum.

I lived in Ft Myers years ago. I love that area and hope to come back one day.

I can't wait to see pics of Jada

I hope you get to come back to this area too! I have lived here for almost 4 years now, and I can't imagine living any where else!!
Question for y'all, on your signature's, you've got like 1.1 0.2 etc in front of your snakes kind. What exactly is that ?

Welcome! That refers to the sex of the snake...

male.female.unknown

So 1.2.3 would be 1 male, 2 females and 3 unknown

Hi Nanno! I'm a new owner as well. Aren't they wonderful? Looking forward to photos!

Welcome, Nanno. I think it's cool that you have plans to educate folks about corn snakes. I enjoy doing that, too. You'll enjoy this forum.

I have a couple picture's now, seeing as Jada just couldn't wait to come out this afternoon! So far, around noon she just begs and begs to come out and play. I have 2 picture's, one is my avatar image of Jada, and the other is on my profile, of my youngest spending time with jada.

Thank you very much! Jada is just a joy lol!! I see you're from Tampa, how's the snakes in Tampa :)

Wow, Houdina has beautiful rich coloring! What a beauty you have! She looks like she's your pride :)

she is my pride and joy, I have a nine year old min pin dog whom is jelous (sorry for misspelled) over her. she is a wild caught, about 1.5 years. you said you have alot where you are from.

Back