• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New snake question

Todd120

We went to the local reptile show today. We came home with a 5 month old Creamsicle. Waiting to handle him is driving my son crazy. Since he wasn't put through shipping and is a little older, how long do you think he will need to adjust? I don't want him to come off feed. He is used to handling already, but has been shuffled around all morning.

Post pix if you can. I'd love to see him. The man who gave me one of mine said he was called a dreamsicle, up till your post I've never heard anyone call their snake anything like that.

Sorry. Had to resize.

Attachments

• IMG_20141117_172144.jpg
    IMG_20141117_172144.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20141117_172249.jpg
    IMG_20141117_172249.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 65
It's hard to tell, but he might be the same kind as mine. How big is he? Mine only weighs 10g.

Here's Jafar. Do you think he looks like yours?

Yours is more red. Ours is all orange, light orange, yellow, and white. Yours will have some really pretty reds in him when grown.

I will get better pics when he eats. I didn't realize how hard it is to get a good picture of a snake. Lol

We got him out for a little while. He had been hiding all day, without disturbance. He came right out with no issues. We let him cruise around a bit, from me to my son. He is really sweet. Once back in the viv, he has been out exploring every since.

Leave him be in his viv for about a week, babies are more susceptible to stress than adults. After a week then you can take him out a few minutes a day and start to feed him, although after you feed him leave him be for a few days so he can digest and poop.

Good luck, he's beautiful!

Last edited:
A Creamsicle is actually an Amel hybrid between a corn and a emoryi ratsnake, normals of that kind of pairing are called Rootbeers. Most have been bred back to pure corns so much that there is very little emoryi blood in most of the lines of them but since purity matters a great deal to some people, good breeders are careful to call them by the trade names that announce they are hybrids. The emoryi gives them a lot more yellow than pure Amel corns, in most cases.

I haven't got to weigh him yet. He is quite a bit bigger than the other corns that hatched around the same time he did. I have read that Creamsicles grow faster early on. I need to get a scale.

Back