• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

new snake reconmendations?

metallica fish

im thinking about getting a new snake in the summer. not another corn though.

it cant get over 10ft.
must be docile, cos i have kids.
must be a ground dweller. dont have the upwards space.

any recommendations?

cheers

A male Dumerils boa.

l_c731aa455c5e4a308d28615da0332874.jpg

Either that, or some type of rat snake. It all depends on your preferences.

I believe you might need some sort of cities documentation in the UK for dum's. I remember Robbie talking about it with someone, snakewhisperer I think. Might want to check on that if you decide on a dumeril.

just been looking on google about them. and saw one for sale 10mins drive from my mum and dads. £125 is that the kinda price im looking at?

would they be able to advertise if you need a licence in the UK?

just been looking on google about them. and saw one for sale 10mins drive from my mum and dads. £125 is that the kinda price im looking at?

would they be able to advertise if you need a licence in the UK?

I don't know if you need a license or not, per se. Something about documentation proving the animal was born in the UK, and not shipped from the wild. If it is indeed needed, then I'm sure the breeder would have all the info.

There are a lot of snakes that can fit your needs, they include any rat snakes, king snakes, milk snakes, bull snakes, pine snakes, gopher snakes, garter snakes, hognoses, ball pythons, spotted pythons, children's python, a couple of the smaller carpet pythons, hog island boas, rosy boas, rubber boas, dumeril's boas and probably a lot more that I just can't think of right now. Really it all depends on your tastes.

lol... would never be a hognose. wife hates them.

she will have to say what it wants to look like. it must be beautiful for her. she would happily have a huge aggressive snake as long as it looks nice!

Have you considered a Florida King? Big but not unmanageable. Lots of morphs. Killer appetite. Gives free neck massages.

Attachments

• Jake 12_07 003_800.jpg
    Jake 12_07 003_800.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 35
i dont think ive seen any of them for sale over here... look really pretty!!!

And that is the main thing.. what we have abundance here you may have not have over there and vice versa.

I hope Mike aka snakewhispersnr post here. He could guide you into something.. lol probably a carpet python if I know him or a pit. lol

Don't know if you've said no to this one already or not, but, Ball Pythons are great! They are quite thick and don't get over 6 feet. :) Good luck!

I vote carpet python or brazilian rainbow boa!! Both are species I would love to keep, stay in your size range, have decent personalities, and aren't arboreal though both will climb given the opportunity.

Don't know if you've said no to this one already or not, but, Ball Pythons are great! They are quite thick and don't get over 6 feet. :) Good luck!

ball python might be the one. would want a female for the bigger size.

just want one that would need both hands if you know what i mean? but isnt huge. does that make sense?

Oh I forgot earlier, sand boas are also snakes that would fit your decriptions and would be great additions if you don't mind looking at an empty tank most of the time. Come in many colors, color morphs, and many different species.

Back