• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New snake

SNAKESRCOOL

Does anybody know of any problems that might cause a snake to spend a lot of time in its water bowl? I bought him about a week ago, he's eaten, his temps are all ok, same as all my other corns ,I can't see any signs of mites and I was told he shed the week before I got him. Do some snakes just like the water bowl or should I be worried he's been in the bowl for pretty much the last 24 hours.

The main reasons that a snake will spend an excessive amount of time in a water bowl are :

1) it is too hot and is trying to cool down
2) it has mites and it trying to ease the skin irritation

You say that you've checked these two things, so I don't know what to suggest next. I'm assuming it is a corn and not a water snake?

I would keep a close eye on him, and on the cage temps, and adopt a wait-and-see approach,

Perhaps some other people can post if they have water-loving corns,

Skye

they sometimes do that when they are about to shed. Dont be alarmed. Its very normal for a snake to get in the bowl.

Back