• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

new to breeding

valerie238

1)what are the signs of breeding(already know i have a male and female)?
2)how long after breeding will she layeggs?
3)do i leave eggs in her cage or remove?if remove, to where and what type of heating?
4)can babies be with parents after hatched?
5)when babies are born do you feed right away?and what size?
6)is there any way to tell what color the babies will be?

Extensive Questions

Hi,

It seems you have lots of questions as many of us did when starting out. It would take alot of writing to answer them all for you. I would reccomend going to your local pet store and picking up a guide on cornsnakes husbandry and care and it should also explain the breeding process to you. Then after you have all the basic details , its much easier to ask any remaining questions that can be answered on here easily by others.

Good luck with your snakes :)

Dawn

valerie238 said:
1)what are the signs of breeding(already know i have a male and female)?
2)how long after breeding will she layeggs?
3)do i leave eggs in her cage or remove?if remove, to where and what type of heating?
4)can babies be with parents after hatched?
5)when babies are born do you feed right away?and what size?
6)is there any way to tell what color the babies will be?

1) It's pretty obvious when you see a pair hooked up. Afterwards their is also usually a yellowish glop in the cage.

2) I believe it's 40-45 days (I'm awful at keeping track)

3) Remove and incubate at 80-85 degrees.

4) NEVER

5) Wait until they have their first shed then offer them an appropriatly size pink mouse

6) You would need to know the genetics of the parents

Back