• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New to corn snakes and this forum :)

Ikaodori

Hi there everyone and anyone :)

I just bought a beautiful corn snake yesterday. He is about 4 years old and a ghost. He's wonderful. His name is Ryousuke. I did a lot of research on corn snakes before I bought him and went to different pet shops and played with the babies there and when I went to a reptile store a woman showed me a full grown one to show me how big they get and I was handling him and he was the most gentle relaxed thing. Simply put, he stole my heart <3 It's my first time owning a snake and I asked the woman there if I should go with a baby or an adult and she said it didn't really make a difference other than the amount of handling you have to do to get them used to it (granted, some of the things she told me were questionable based on my research). I decided to go with the adult because of his temperament and I had played with him the day before.

He's in his new home now and doing well. When I'm pottering about in my room he sticks his head out his hide box and watches me. I've tried to limit handling of him so he will get used to his new home but I have played with him maybe 2-3 times since yesterday but not for a very long time.

Even though I did a lot of research I don't think I can ever stop learning about these beautiful creatures so I joined this forum hoping to keep on top of corn snake info and stories. I want to make sure I do everything I can for him :)

Also, has anyone else bought and adult corn snake rather than a baby. Is there anything I should know? All I know about him personally is that he had been in the store for a while and was most likely bought from a show by the owner. I don't want to learn the hard way that he's had some traumatizing experience in his life that I accidentally trigger :awcrap: He has not bitten me (yet) so is there a way to tell when he is uncomfortable or does not want to be bothered?

Thanks for reading. I'm glad to be here :rofl:

I think adults like hatchlings need to be left alone for a few days when you first get. They won't show the stress now but may when it comes to feeding time. I have 13 snakes, 2 of them I aquired as adults. One was mellow from the beginning and one fiesty. Both are mellow but active when being handled. I left both of them alone for 4-5 days when I first got them. good luck

Hi :wavey: Welcome to you and Ryousuke!

I look forward to seeing pics of Ryousuke.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Welcome to the forum! Hope you learn all you wish to on this forum..it is full of patient and kind hearted people that really know their stuff :0)

Thanks for the welcomes :) Here's a picture of my little guy (actually, people have been saying he's rather big for a corn snake...). I hope it loads alright...

HPIM0197.jpg

He is awesome looking! He is pretty big..but nothing wrong with that...great looking snake :0)

Back