• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New to forum

blairie

This forum has shown up when I googled various topics, but I never joined until today (when I was googling "snake rack how to").

My name's Blair, I live in Southern California with my husband, and a slew of rescue critters (cats, dogs, guinea pigs, cockatiels). We have a pacman frog, a black and white tegu named Spike, five Colombian red tail boas, and 9 corns.

wow five red tailed boas??? do I have some questions for you!

Im in the market, for sure. But not five, just one. haha. I just have a little bit of a space issue for the next year or two. I only have room for a 40 gallon, so if it will last in there for a year or two, by the time I need to upgrade, I should be ok with space.

what do you think?

and welcome!

Welcome! You'll enjoy this forum. Post questions, comments and suggestions. We love to respond. Post some pictures too.

:wavey:

hi! thats awesome you already have so many snakes. i was thinking about colombian red tails. but i think im going to go with brazilian rainbows.. just because they dont get as big. lol

anyway.. im sure you dont have many questions.. but you should post some pictures!!!

wow five red tailed boas??? do I have some questions for you!

Im in the market, for sure. But not five, just one. haha. I just have a little bit of a space issue for the next year or two. I only have room for a 40 gallon, so if it will last in there for a year or two, by the time I need to upgrade, I should be ok with space.

what do you think?

and welcome!

If you start with a baby, a 40 gallon would be fine for two years or so.

We have a young female who's almost a year old, and she's still fine in a 20. But, we haven't power fed her- so she could be larger, but a 20 should still be enough room.

Here's two photos of hatchling #1 from August 2007:

I can't find any more corn snake photos on this computer, so I'll post photos of the adults and the baby snow this weekend.

Yeah, we'd never do that. I also remember reeding somewhere that "power feeding" can also mean feeding food that's too large and feeding it consecutively (ie putting item #2 in the snake's mouth while it's swallowing item #1).

awesome, thanks for the info. That means that this weekend, I will be the proud new owner of a red tail! very exciting. Ill make sure to post some pictures when hes all settled in. pretty corns by the way.

Back