• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New to the scene

Tictoc

Hi all,
Just bought my son a alboino corn snake, (i know, I really bought me a snake) anyways, he's 11 (my son) so i'll make sure it's taken care of correctly, it's an albino corn snake, which around here are 150 bux, but that's ok as he did pay for the snake, I paid for everything else ;)
it's in a 10 gallon aquarium which I bought a 40 dollar top that was guranteed to keep it inside the aquarium and after 3 days it was gone!! but alas, I found it wooo...anyways any tips would be appreciated, cost is not a factor...I figure I bought it, i'm committed to it's safe keeping, but I want it to be healthy and happy =) it's fed already (I fed it when I found it)...anyways all tips and help appreciated!!! oh and should I feed it in a seperate container...as I understand I should not handle it after feeding! thanks
Tic

Welcome to the forum, Tic. You'll find many wise corn snake keepers here, with many years of experience under their belts. Use "Search" for key words (at the top of the page) for any key issues you'd like to read about.

Hi and welcome to the forum.
042.gif

Welcome and congrats on your new addition! Corns are definately escape artists! Really inspect the tank and try to figure out where it got out so you can prevent it from happening again. They can squeeze themselves through some really small spaces! I feed my corn in a separate container mainly because it gives me a chance to weigh him and clean out his tank while he is eating. When putting him back in I set the container I fed him in, inside his tank and let him crawl out on his own, but I have a 20L tank. You are right you are not supposed to handle your snake after feeding him but I think just picking him up out of his feeding container and setting him back in his tank would be fine. You will find some people on here feed in a separate container and some don't, both with success. The big thing is to feed the snake in a manner that is safe to him with no risk of ingesting his substrate.

Welcome! I got a corn "for my son" too! LOL!
But really, it has been a great learning experience for him so far.

Welcome! This forum is amazing, and you will have several friends helping you when you have questions about your new corn. Sounds like you are off to a great start. I was very lucky to have found this site before I bought my first cornsnake and found that the basic info forum was really beneficial in learning about how to give the best basic care for my new snake when I finally got her. There are great people who know what to do when troubleshooting is needed like if your corn stops eating or is suddenly missing scales, I have been fortunate with my snake as she has been very healthy and the troubleshooting posts I read or for general information..just in case. I now use the forum mainly to catch up on new information and put new morphs on my wishlist... anyway before this turns into a novel, welcome and happy snaking!

Back