• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New to this forum from Northern Virginia

skittledoo

I just got my first corn snake and a friend of mine from a different forum recommended I check this forum out since I know I'm going to have questions.

Meet Aneira. She's a snow corn, 3 year old female. I think she's about 3.5-3.7 feet long but I need to measure her to be sure. She's currently eating f/t adult mice

I'm 25 years old and live in Northern VA. Other interests include photography and dogs. I'm currently working towards my dog trainer certification. Anyways, I look forward to getting to know everyone on this forum. I'm hoping to learn a lot more about how to keep corn snakes from you guys.

Snake1 by Oertlephotography, on Flickr

Welcome and congratulations on your first snake. Photography, I expect to be seeing lots of pretty pictures of you pretty baby. BTW She is cute.

Thank you. The pic above was taken with my cellphone. In the process of getting a new computer since mine broke so until then it will be just cellphone pics but I'm hoping to get a new computer soon.

I'm planning to put her on aspen. I took that picture right when I got her and the guy had that newspaper in her tank at the time.

Nothing wrong with newspaper. Many use it, just remember your snake might get some ink on her. So if you snake is sporting the classifieds doesn't mean she is looking for a new home. lol

LOL @ Christen :)
I agree. Nothing wrong with using newspaper. It's not as "pretty" as aspen, but it works just fine for snakes.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Virginian. I use newspaper, but I let it age about a month or more so the ink doesn't transfer to the snakes. So far, they've never looked sooty. ;) You'll learn everything you need to know here...I did!

Back