• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

new to this,need to know......please!

rogthedodge

Hi, We`ve 2 corns, one i`ll call Siddy,cos we thought he was a boy. The other Sharon. Sid ,we had from a baby, now 3 years, 5` 1". "Normal" i think. aquired a friend from a mate,female he said,hence Sharon. Same age,but shorter, 4 foot ..ish. Shaz has got a "lump" above the opening(rear end). siddy`s tail tapers nicely. The way shaz acts, we`re not sure who the male is! She rides him! tries to flip him over. I`ve seen shaz`s bits!!! oooo er! they`re good friends , and live nicely together. But, she does tend to chase him! which is which? any ideas? I could post pics. could anyone identify?

You may want to change Sharon's name to Sharone. Lol. I've only seen male snakes try to "ride" on top. I've never seen any of my females do that. Given that Sharon is always chasing Sid and trying to "ride" him I'd guess that Sid is a female. The best thing to do is take your snakes to a reputable reptile shop and have them sexed to know for sure.

Welcome to the forum. :cheers:

Thank you

Cheers mate. I dont supose they could be two males? The thing is, the tails are SO different. Not a good way to tell? Sharon does have,and always has had, a "bulbous" bit above the opening. As if she needs a "pooh", but never goes down. Btw , she poohs regularly, and has got bigger since we had her. Perhaps we feed her more! May I just say............this site, is superb for what i need............... cheers!

Welcome to the forum!! :wavey: As VinnyJ said, the only way to know for sure is to have them sexed. People who have experience can actually be quite accurate at tail sexing, though. There have been quite a few threads that discuss, as well as show photos of, tail sexing and the differences. You might want to try a search. "Tail sexing" should be sufficient. Glad you like the site, I myself have fallen in love with it! It is nice to have you aboard and I hope you get the situation figured out.

Oh and just a heads up, there is a lot of controversy about cohabitation. You might try searching that as well. As long as you are making an informed decision, though, I don't think people will hassle you much. Good luck with your S's :)

Thanks ever so much! I can learn lots from this site, thank you. Just that my mate`s corns had 10 then 6 eggs without even trying! Luck of the draw eh? But it WOULD help if i was sure i had 1 of each sex! Once again, thanks from the UK (Northants).

Back