• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

NEW VIV FOR NEW SNAKE

i just bought an abbott's okeetee and this will be his new home. just put him in today, and already he went into the skull for some alone time. pics of the sweet okeetee (from the daytona show) in a week after he settles in. hows this look??? please feel free to give some helpful tips/what needs changing or what not. thanks for lookin :)

Attachments

• P9180104.JPG
    P9180104.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 109
  • P9180105.JPG
    P9180105.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 110
  • P9180106.JPG
    P9180106.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 110
Plenty of hides, nice deep bedding, looks like plush housing to me!

Edit: And we know the temp & humidity are being monitored & that the temp is good. Nice setup.

thanks for the kind words. did plenty of readin b4 i purchased a little corn. he is #1 of many im sure. can't wait to put some pics up... to bad it will have to wait a week.. so hard not to play with them, but i'm aware its a must to not touch em...

Is that a hammock?!? lol looks pretty cool! I just got that same coconut hide yesterday! I'm not looking forward to not being able to handle my new corn for a while either, but don't wanna stress em out... what kind of morph did you get?

Good for you for exercising self control. You will be able to enjoy your baby soon enough! And good for you for doing your reading, so many people don't. I have to confess, I was one of them, but fortunately for Humphrey, I found this website and learned how to take proper care of a corn snake before I acquired Attitude. And then I got Icabod. And then things kinda got out of hand, as my signature will explain. LOL.

WOWSERS!!!!!! lots of corns huh??? breeding?!? and i to did the same... had a corn bout 5 years ago.. didn't read and didnt end up well.. *tear*

and i have an abbott's line okeetee. very vibrant. couple of its saddles run together.. whats up with that?

oh.. and yes thats a hammock. had one years ago for my last corn and he loved it!!! just something a little different

WOWSERS!!!!!! lots of corns huh??? breeding?!? and i to did the same... had a corn bout 5 years ago.. didn't read and didnt end up well.. *tear*

and i have an abbott's line okeetee. very vibrant. couple of its saddles run together.. whats up with that?

Yeah, I have a project planned that will take several generations of corns. I made the same mistake with my sort-of first corn, Imhotep, in 1999. A friend gave him or her to me & I made the mistake of thinking she gave me the right care instructions. She didn't. As you say, did not end well. :cry: When I got Humphrey I went looking for information the next day, found a few care sheets on line & got the urgent issue (regulating the UTH) solved right away, then came here later.

I have a tendency to jump into hobbies in a big way. Mostly I land on my feet, and the experienced people here have kept me sorted out, and TRIED to slow down my snake expansion the first few months. Most of the population explosion just happened at the Daytona show. I doubled my collection that weekend. They are almost all 2010 hatchlings so they each live in a small tub and they are easy to care for. By the time they get big enough to need adult sized tubs I hope to have converted to racks, as right now I have tubs stacked on plastic shelving units. It works very well and is very modular, I can re-arrange the UTHs and the tubs for all the babies in 30 minutes (to totally unplug, rearrange and replug everything) but it looks ~messy~.

Your Abbott's has aberrant markings. It happens. Sometimes the saddles stretch out, or run together, or have odd shapes. Some people really like corns with weird saddles, some hate them. If you love the look of your snake it's all good!

Post some pictures of your new baby in a week or so after s/he has had a meal and a couple days to digest before facing a photo session!

very nice setup. looks good to me. and i agree with the others. the hammock is a very nice touch. lol. thats a good idea though. :) and congrats on your new friend.

I love the hammock. I saw one in the pet store and was tempted but wondered if my snake would even use it. Vasurfr44, it's good to know that your snake likes it. Does anyone else have a corn that's fond of hammocks?

Back