• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

newbie shed question!

Pandora

my jungle was supposed to eat 4 days ago and refused food when twice offered. she was acting funny and i was starting to get worried. she always comes out during the day, and wasnt coming out at night. i just realized today when i took her out of her cage that shes shedding her eyes are all blued over and shes not very active at all. she almost acts sick. is thhis normal? also shes nopt even coming out to drink water, i know im up half the night. the only time she has is when i took her from her hide then she went for her water. do i need to keep taking her out so she'll drink? by the way shes never shed since shes been with me so i dont know what is noromal for her. P.S. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! :santa:

this could just be normal for the snake. It will be drinking but mainley when your not around, trust me my snakes do that. I would just advise keeping an eye on him/her till she shed's and not offer anymore food item's till it sheds.

Merry Christmas to you too! :santa:
Sounds like your snake is getting ready to shed, they often refuse food, hide, and are kinda sensitive in general! Not to worry after the shed things should get back to normal!
good luck & keep us posted! :)

As WhiteLips said, cornsnakes are generally sensitive about many things when they are ready to shed. It is recommended to handle your snake only if you need to when she is like this.

Back