• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Newcomer...wanted to say hello to everyone!

KelKel1

Kelly
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kelly, and I am new to this forum. I am a proud owner of two beautiful baby snakes, Narnia, and Harley! Narnia is a snow corn, and she's aboslutely gorgeous! She's very socialized, loves to be held, which I try to take them out once or twice a week, and she's also an EXCELLENT eater. Being a fairly new snake owner, I think we're getting along quite well! My little baby Harley, I actually caught, and he looks to me like a corn, but I was wondering if someone with a lilttle more experience could help me out on that. If it's ok Rich, I'd like to post a picture of Harley in another section of the forum to see if someone can tell me if Harley is a corn. He has the markings of a corn, but some say he may be a black rat. I know if I catch him offguard, he'll rattle the tip of his tail, however, once I put my hand in the tank and let him crawl near my hand, he's fine. Neither one of my snakes have ever attempted to bite. Do corns rattle their tails? Narnia has never done that before, and I have had her a little over a year. Thanks everyone, and I hope I didn't ramble on too much!

Kelly,

Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of great people and tons of helpful infomation to be found here.

There is a cornsnake photo forum here as well as a general chit-chat forum that you could post pictures of Harley in and let the experts see if they can tell you what type of snake he/she is.

Corns will sometimes rattle their tail. I have a hatchling ghost female that is quite the little pistol and will rattle her tail in her viv as well as while I am holding her.

Look forward to seeing pics of your snakes!

welcome to the obsession and get ready for more........also, welcome to the forum. please check out the search feature and the FAQ's section to find answers to most of your questions. have fun and enjoy the site. :wavey:

Thanks for the tips GW! I'll do that the next time I have a question, because from the looks of it...there have been many forum discussions regarding some of the questions I've had already...;)

Back