• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Newer Setup Tell Me If its good

Jordan32

Sorry about posting another thread, I just want to ensure that my snake is as healty as it can be. Ok so my new setup is this... I have a small hide in the top left corner of a 10 gallon tank. My UTH is located under this hide. In the middle of the tank I have a grapewood branch that is about 8-10 in and 4 in high. It also has a little area where the snake can go under and hide. In the far right top corner is the water dish and in the bottom right corner I have my cool hide. My substrate is aspen shavings and its about 1-2in thick. The tempertature is a constant 82 degrees and the snake seems to enjoy it.

Thanks for all your help and I'll try to get pictures in an hour or so.

Where and with what are you using to measure the temperature?

And if you say you're using a thermometer, I'll smack ya :grin01:
What type of thermometer?

Ditch that and get a digital thermometer with a probe. Put the probe directly on the glass over the UTH. I think you'll find that it is a lot hotter than you expect. While you are at Wal-mart picking up your thermometer, get a plug in lamp dimmer to regulate your UTH.

Even though the description from petco states "accurate and easy to read," that thermometer is neither. Try getting a different one, preferably with a probe--you can usually find these at any number of stores (like WalMart) rather than paying overpriced petstore prices (~$8-15).

BeckyG said:
Ditch that and get a digital thermometer with a probe. Put the probe directly on the glass over the UTH. I think you'll find that it is a lot hotter than you expect. While you are at Wal-mart picking up your thermometer, get a plug in lamp dimmer to regulate your UTH.

Yep, x2 :)

Back