• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

newsnake....dark spot on tummy

miss_d_meanor

miss_d_meanor
I have a question
we havehad our baby snake for 3 days
she last ate on 30/10/07 store said snake was not long had a shed, we attempted to feed her she is not interested,which is fair enough as she needs to aclimatise,its our first snake but my daughter is a bit concerned as the snake (alayia) who is a creamcicle and about 16 inches long has a grey like dark mark about 2/3 of the way on her underside, where we suspect the gall bladder may be and would hate tothink there is anything wrong with her,is this normal could it be just becuase she is palecream and white underneath and thesethings are easier to see, wenever noticed it before tried to take a photo topost but it does not show upon camera
your feedback is much appeciated

It's probably an internal organ and you never noticed it before. The green spot from the gallbladder happens after a snake dies- a spot on a living snake I'm very sure isn't a sign of impending death. Light snakes are very see-through.

Nanci

miss_d_meanor said:
I have a question
we havehad our baby snake for 3 days
she last ate on 30/10/07 store said snake was not long had a shed, we attempted to feed her she is not interested,which is fair enough as she needs to aclimatise,its our first snake but my daughter is a bit concerned as the snake (alayia) who is a creamcicle and about 16 inches long has a grey like dark mark about 2/3 of the way on her underside, where we suspect the gall bladder may be and would hate tothink there is anything wrong with her,is this normal could it be just becuase she is palecream and white underneath and thesethings are easier to see, wenever noticed it before tried to take a photo topost but it does not show upon camera
your feedback is much appeciated

I have an Amel with a clear/white belly, I look once in a while...not that I know what Im looking at but shes got all kinds of things in there too. No worries. I always assumed whatever I was looking at was supposed to be there.

no worries

The lighter morphs tend to be a little more "see through" if you know what I mean. I'm sure its probably nothing. Most likely just some of her internal organs or some residual feces that have not been excreted yet. Good luck with the snake and welcome to the addiction.

Scott

I have a Blizzard Corn baby, and I can hold him up to the sun, and see EVERYTHING lol. His Heart, gall bladder, food etc.

I agree with Nanci!! :)

felbetter now

Thank you guys..... we feel better now
alweneed to do is convince the cheif male in our house that they are more lvablethan he is errrrr i mean as lovable as he is lol

Back