• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Night time furniture arranging

KaliCorn

Hi all,

Last 2 mornings i've woken up now and the bark hide has been moved more into the centre of the tank????

Is this usual? Also today my anery seems to be right under the bark chippings no where to be seen - and isn't even moving when I open the tank to change her water etc...

Most of mine hide under the bark/aspen mix but two like it up in the branches and don't even use the hides except during shed. Haven't had any do any re-arranging yet though, but their furniture is too heavy for them right now. :D I would just leave it, was it directly over the hot spot or cold?

The hide completely covers the hot spot and hangs about 2-3 inches over the end of it. I also have a empty toilet roll tube at the opposite end to the heat mat.

So really she has a hide in the hottest part - in the middle and in the cool end. Today she still hasn't moved from right at the bottom of the tank - I found her by lifting the tank above my head and there she was curled up, didn't even flicker.

Yeah mine do that, I have mine on wire racks so I can just look under them. It's a cool sight because you can see all the tunnels they made... :grin01:

KaliCorn said:
Hi all,

Last 2 mornings i've woken up now and the bark hide has been moved more into the centre of the tank????

Is this usual? Also today my anery seems to be right under the bark chippings no where to be seen - and isn't even moving when I open the tank to change her water etc...

It perfectly normal, mine do that too. It seems they don't like the way i arrange their viv's so during the night they move everything around, its so funny.

Isobel

Mine do it too. I think it is more that the hide is light enough they shove it out of the way while they are moving around. Once the hide is away from where they want to cruise, it pretty much stays put.

Mine used to prefer their hot-side hide, but now they're always on the cool side and usually not just in the hide but under their substrate. The only time I notice them using the warm side hide is right after feeding. I nearly panicked the first time I picked up all the cage furniture and still couldn't see any snakes. But, then, I'm sort of new at this. Neither of the girls is big enough to move furniture yet, but I've seen one of them nudging at the warm side (which is the lighter one) as if trying to get it out of the way while cruising around.

Back