• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

No Longer Shy

GregF

I've been surprised and pleased to see Slithers out and about in his viv during the day. In the early days after we got him, he hid all the time, which we expected. Then, he worked up to hiding during the day and prowling around at night. In the last week or so, he's been out at all different times, which is great because our 8 year old finally gets to see him for more than a few minutes at bedtime. What's really funny is that he now "sleeps" where ever he happens to be. The other day he was all wrapped up in the greenery and didn't move for a few hours.

I'm assuming that this means he feels safe in his environment and that can only be a good thing.

PICT0001.JPG

Cruizin'​

awwww! so nice to hear, it gives me a bit of hope for my anti-social boys. Though FinFang will stare at me intently around feeding day *checks tank* yep, there he is. Feeding day it tomorrow.

how old is your little one, and how long have you had him?

He's a Sept. '06 and we've had him since mid-April. He's small (<20g) due to feeding problems that we had early on but those seem to be behind us. We're almost back up to normal size meals and he's eating enthusiastically.

That's good stuff. I think it definitely means that he's more comfortable. Keep in mind though that he may have periods where he just starts hiding a lot for months at a time again. Doesn't mean he's scared. That's just what they do (in my experience).

My snake is so unafraid of me sometimes I think there's something wrong with him.. mentally. During the spring he's out constantly. But he's been hiding for most of the summer. Seems like he's never out nowadays.

Back