• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

no poop after a week and 3 days!

Had1nowwant1

My amel hasnt pooped yet :shrugs: . At the petstore it was eating one pinkie on tuesdays and i got it on a thursday. I fed it tuesday and it still hasnt pooped the whole week and 3 days iv had it. Should i be worried? i looked all over the cage and couldnt find a poop. i even soaked him/her in warm water last night for ten minutes and still no poop.

hmm, what kind of substrate do you use? it is definatley harder to spot clean on different types of substrates. and now that its been over 3 weeks, i am assuming there is probably a poop in there, but its probably so dry its turned to powder. when i used to use repti-bark, i would rarely find any of the poops until i cleaned out the entire tank, then i would see the poop on the perimiter of the glass at the bottom. so maybe try cleaning out the tank to see if you see anything. aside from that, i have never had a lost poop lol

Amanda E said:
He's probably getting ready to shed. They seem to hold their poop until after they shed.

My snake has been holding it in for more than two weeks and he just shed yesterday. He will probably poop soon.

yea maybe it is going to shed.
Missy- its only been a week and 3 days not 3 weeks lol and the substrate i am using is aspen so there could be one under there that i missed but i looked under it.

I have had the same problem recently, but my snake shed today. But I was also unpleasantly surprised when I found a mouse in his tank that I think he threw up. I still looked like a mouse too much, and I am almost positive he didn’t poop it out lol.

My snake went 9 days without eating because I knew he was going to shed soon, and one day my dad feed him like 2 days before he shed. Is this regurgitating because of the shed. I had also sprayed the tank to try to get humidity up close to 65 or 70 when he was going to she. Did I do anything wrong? :shrugs:

During a shed cycle, sometimes snakes would rather stay in a hidebox that is less than ideal than come out to find a better hide box. So... yes, the regurgitation could have been because of the shed, but usually even if the snake is in a "bad" hidebox it should have been able to handle the mouse. You might want to re-check the temps of the cage. The cold side might be too cold or the warm side too warm.

Had1nowwant1 said:
yea maybe it is going to shed.
Missy- its only been a week and 3 days not 3 weeks lol and the substrate i am using is aspen so there could be one under there that i missed but i looked under it.

yea, maybe i read it as 3 weeks not 1 week, lol. although, i usually find a poop in the tank about 4 days after feeding, sometimes 5 days. let us know when u spot somethin :)

Yes, it might be getting ready to shed, once there was poop in his shedded skin, I guess he couldn't hold it any longer. :toiletgra

Back