• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

No shed? O_o

rainkeltoia

So I've had my little boy for a month now. He's eating great, every 5 days (he's about 3 months old give or take, when I got him he'd had "5 or 6" feedings). However, he has not shed. Hasn't gone into blue. Nothing. I expected to see him shed before now. I know there's no rules to shed, but even if he shed right before the expo that I got him at, don't they normally shed about once a month as youngsters?

Thanks!

There are no hard and fast rules as they grow at different rates, even on the same feeding regime. Once every 4-6 weeks is about right for a hatchling, but there's nothing to say that he won't shed more or less.

At a month, you're still well within the period that I'd expect for a babe. Nothing to worry about!

Ive had hatchlings shed even up to two months I have heard of odd times snakes eating there shed dont think any of mine has done it through

I've never seen a substantiated story about a Corn eating its own shed. It's usually because the shed has ended up scrunched into a tiny ball rather than being stretched out, and it gets lost in the substrate or stuck to a disposable hide which is thrown away.

I've never seen a substantiated story about a Corn eating its own shed. It's usually because the shed has ended up scrunched into a tiny ball rather than being stretched out, and it gets lost in the substrate or stuck to a disposable hide which is thrown away.

I think the last one i heard about was a hatchling kingsnake but as i said it is very rare, and seems to be mainly hatchlings that do it.

I have yet to see a photo of any snake eating its own shed...

It might have something to do with most sheds happen at night time in 3.5 years ive seen 2 actually shed and thats with 19 snakes one of these i was in bed and heard a racket in the viv next to the bed lol and i think that was very lucky so the chances of actualy seen it happen let alone a photo is very remote.

Until which time, as far as I'm concerned, it's just over-excited people not finding the shed! :)

Good news, I THINK he's started to go into blue. He's been hiding since he ate, and I had to change one of the paper towels in there (I changed to them again with him just for ease of cleaning in his small enclosure and so I can see when he sheds). He was a bit jumpy, more than usual, so I scooped him up to make sure he was ok and his eyes look a bit dull, the light is low this morning and I didn't have any overheads turned on so I couldn't really see the rest of him, but his eyes were definitely cloudy. So hopefully he's starting shed!!

It might have something to do with most sheds happen at night time in 3.5 years ive seen 2 actually shed and thats with 19 snakes one of these i was in bed and heard a racket in the viv next to the bed lol and i think that was very lucky so the chances of actualy seen it happen let alone a photo is very remote.

Oh, I've been trying for FOREVER to see a shed. The closest I have come is maybe less than half an hour after it happened, I got home from work and he pulled the last bit off his tail and was zooming around. Just one of those things. :grin01:

Oh, I've been trying for FOREVER to see a shed. The closest I have come is maybe less than half an hour after it happened, I got home from work and he pulled the last bit off his tail and was zooming around. Just one of those things. :grin01:

Heres on of the rare times ive caught mine on camera

dragonfish66-albums-corn-snakes-picture78779-amel-motley-female-shed-pic.jpg

that's cool!!
I'm sure my little guy will shed at night once he's ready. most of the day he's just lazing around :)

Cheers caught him in the act late on in the evening caught another one an hour after i went to bed but he is a pinesnake he wasnt amused been caught in the act with the camera flash

Back