• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

non aggressive eater

wisconsin

brandon
my snow corn is about 7-8 months old ---was a very fussy eater in her younger days.----my question is---when she eats a pinkie she does so very slowly and non aggressive slowly opening her mouth eating the f/t morsel.
will she become more aggressive as she ages and try to constrict?
are all juvies like this?

People say snakes can tell when they don't need to expend energy to kill. I think they even eat live pinks and fuzzies without constricting sometimes!

I don't have anyone who constricts any more, although Zee sometimes envenomates FT mice.

Nanci

If she's eatting the food I don't understand why it's a problem.
As Nanci said she's just expending less energy.

Until this Sunday our 10 mth old normal was exactly the same. His food has always been defrosted at room temperature until ready to eat. When I fed him on Sunday he hadn't eaten since April 9th due to getting ready to shed. After he finally shed on Sunday morning I offered him a hopper that had been defrosted in warm water. He seized the mouse very violently and constricted like his life depended on it. The hopper was bloody from his bite. This is the first time he's done this and the question is - was it because he was hungry after his fasting or because the prey was warm and possibly he thought it was still alive? Pictures attached showing him after he had relaxed his grip a little.

Attachments

• S4010636.jpg
    S4010636.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 30
  • S4010637.jpg
    S4010637.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 30
Nanci said:
People say snakes can tell when they don't need to expend energy to kill. I think they even eat live pinks and fuzzies without constricting sometimes!

I don't have anyone who constricts any more, although Zee sometimes envenomates FT mice.

Nanci

this is my experience also, i fed my corn a stunned rat pup the other day and he seemed to sensed that it was still alive and constricted. but when i just feed F/T usually he doesn;t constrict at all.

:shrugs:I guess all corns are different and just go through different phases. Marmite constricted her fuzzy for the first time on her last feed. I was so proud! :DIt was like she had come of age.

Back