• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Non-eating hatchling

moonchild

My Miami has refused to eat 3 weeks in a row now... the Miami is one of three snakes that I got from a local supplier here in Kansas City, 2 of them died within a day of bringing them home and this one has refused to eat. Should I just look at this as a normal feeding problem or should I maybe consider a bigger problem since 2 of the snakes from that guy died? So far, I've tried tease feeding and deli cupping.

Not to be rude but try a search in the search section.There are a hundred replies to this question that would be better than mine.
Did you happen to buy all three snakes the same time?? . Because either way I would ask for a full refund if the snake died within day of bringing them home. And don't go back there. Sounds like a problem.

I originally bought 2 hatchlings from the guy. 1 is the Miami I have now that won't eat, the other died the day after it came home. The guy took it back and gave us a replacement, the replacement died the next day. So the guy took that one back and gave us our money back for that snake. So we did get a refund on the ones that died. But, since we have had this one for over 3 weeks now I'm sure he won't give us a refund on it because it doesn't eat, AND we are already attached to it.

Try different times or different temperatures. I've gotten some of mine to eat by slitting them. You can also try braining them or even a live pink. Last resort is you can try anole scenting or even a part of an anole.

~Katie

It is said that being difficult about feeding, is a typical Miami-thing..
I am busy with 9 young Silverqueens who absolutely didn't wanted to eat.
I've got 6 of them to eat on their own at this moment, but the other three have an uncertain future so to speak..
I keep them solitarily in little plastic boxes on a heatcable. I feed them pinkies out of the fridge, that i defreeze in hot water. Almost to hot to touch and then feed them at night when the lights are out.
Usually this works quite well! 6 out of 9 isn't such a bad score i suppose..

Arjan

Back