• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

non feeders

Jagerdog82

I recentlyaquired a non feeder and while waiting for it to show up have been thinking of ways to get him to eat. Has anyone ever tried offering crickets or night crawlers as an alternative to pinkies. Was just thinking about some garter snakes I had as a kid and they thrived on them so why not a starter for baby corns?

Try anything. Autumn just got a baby to feed by bologna scenting. I just got one to feed using chicken fat. Worms and insects aren't the preferred food for baby corns, but anything is worth a try. Probably your best shot is going to be live or lizard scenting with anoles, house geckos or fence lizards. Since your new baby is already a known non-feeder, it sure wouldn't hurt to just try him on a nice, hot slit/brained pink his first night. Quite often shipping gets them to eat when they arrive at their new home.

The one I just got feeding with a bologna scented pinkie is a sibling to your non-feeder.

Nanci is right though, offer a nice hot brained pinkie and leave it with him overnight. Check on it in the morning, don't bother him after you put the pinkie in with him.

Some ways to get non feeders to eat is braining their food item and for experienced keepers, a short 2-3 week brumation usually always stimulates their appetite.

The gecko scenting worked for me, after trying everything, car rides, braining, live pink, pillow case feeding, tuna scenting, chicken fat scenting, b12 in water, slap feeding, and finally force feeding until the little one decided geckos where his thing. It is a rewarding process when you get them eating. I just wanted to encourage you and tell you not to give up, my boy was born in March, and has only started feeding on his own this last month or so. So I would say he was a non- feeder for about 5 months.

Tiny Quail

Quail are just wiggly enough to make a nice feeder if your having problems. At 17 dollars for 50 lbs of food... the expense of keeping them is not to bad either.

Attachments

• babyq.jpg
    babyq.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 12
  • quail.jpg
    quail.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 12
Back