• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Non Feeding - Anyone Else?

Fordie

Hi, i havent posted on this site for a fair ole while so hi again everyone! :wavey:

My female CB05 corn hasn't eaten for about 8 weeks, yes she's definately female. She finally ate thursday just gone. She is 17 months old and weighing in at around 300g, very healthy in all matters other than feeding recently.
I've checked for lumps/bulges etc even though she hasn't been with a male just in case of her being gravid and nope, nothing there.
She also hasn't shed for about 7 weeks where as she normally does so on cue every 4 weeks.
Her husbandry is all in order too.
Has anybody else seen this before? Is it a seasonal thing with (female) corns?

Cheers

Fordie said:
My female CB05 corn hasn't eaten for about 8 weeks, yes she's definately female.... Has anybody else seen this before? Is it a seasonal thing with (female) corns?
I have an early 05 that showed no interest in food and was "pacing" around her viv all the time, so I finally bred her. She was long enough and weighed enough. A few days after breeding, she went back to eating and back to spending most of her time in her hide.

Be glad it's not males. I have one that has eaten nothing since Feb 13, and another that has only eaten 3 fuzzies since the first of the year. Him I'm worried enough about to consider force feeding.

Mine was pacing the viv alot too, i didnt want to breed her though as she is still young, even thoug she does have the length and weight. Oh well she is eating now so i should think she will be fine.
My male ate for the first time today, he tried to eat the mouse sideways on including my finger! Haha! Stupid snake, i think he was very very hungry, he hadn't eaten since the 3rd Feb. :crazy02:

still not eating!

Hi Fordie

My female corn has not eaten since the beginning of March. She seems perfectly healthy in all respects. She to is pacing her viv all the time, we have seem more of her in the last eight weeks than in the previous 3 years. She is about 4 now by the way. She did the same thing last year at about this time so I am not too worried at the moment, hope she starts to eat again soon though. Last year I was beside myself with worry and spoke to her breeder and he assured me that she would eat when she was ready and could go without food for six months or more quite easily.

I asked him if I should think about breeding her and he said it was not necessary. Breeding puts quite a strain on them and in his opinion it is not worth doing unless I really want to breed to sell (which I don't). Soooooooo don't worry about your snake, she is just a horny little devil and will probably do the exact same thing next year!!! :devil01:

Back