• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Noob Here!

Pooleh

Happy new snake owner!
Hey all! I am going to be a proud owner of a corn snake this weekend if everything works out the way I want it to. This will be my first reptile of any kind so I am very excited! I have been doing a lot of reading/video watching about corns and I have a friend that has given me a lot of information.

The local reptile store owner seems to be a good guy and he has a lot of babies in stock. I am looking into getting the last Miami phase that he has. Well at least he claims it is a Miami phase. It doesn't look terribly different from the other normal corns he has. I have been told that Miami's tend to not look a whole different from normals when young and it will be more obvious when they get older. True or false? If it is probably just going to be a normal I might as well save a few bucks and just get a nice looking normal.

Anyways this probably isn't the best place on here for a bunch of questions. Just wanted to say hi! I'll be trolling around reading whatever catches my eye and posting every once in a while.

Hello & welcome! Can't wait to see whatever you eventually get!

I don't know that posting Carol's Miamis are a good comparison, since hers are prettier than just about everyone else's!

Hey Nanci thanks for the pics for comparison. I will have to to try to bring them up on my phone when I go to get a snake. Hopefully the miami is still there!

Oh also. I didn't see a section on here to discuss expos. I might be going to the Phoenix Reptile Expo at the end of next month and wanted to mention it and see if others from here are going.

There isn't really a spot dedicated to that, but you could also mention the expo in the General Chit Chat section. That's what a lot of people do & you would probably get more response to it there.

Welcome to your newest addiction! Expos are a great way to see lots of snakes and meet lots of breeders, so I recommend going, whether you have bought a snake yet or not. I also want to say it's really great you are doing your research BEFORE getting your first snake. Corn snakes are easy care, wonderful pets -- my signature shows my current collection, and that's starting from ONE this time last year. Happy choosing, and be sure to post pictures of the baby you fall in love with.

Thanks for the welcome wstphal. That looks like a pretty impressive collection although I'm a little confused about the format of the numbers. Whats with the 15.18.12 corns? I have also seen people list things as 0.1 xxxxx. What does all this mean!? Is there something I look at that will explain?

Thanks for the welcome wstphal. That looks like a pretty impressive collection although I'm a little confused about the format of the numbers. Whats with the 15.18.12 corns? I have also seen people list things as 0.1 xxxxx. What does all this mean!? Is there something I look at that will explain?

15 boys, 18 girls & 12 I don't knows. Most of the collection are 2010 babies, a few 2009s and about 10 adults.

I should also say, since it isn't covered in the Common Terms thread, my crested geckos are 1 male, 2 female, 0 unknown & 4 eggs. If there is a forth number it refers to the eggs a person has but I don't see that very often on this site. It is used a great deal on the crested forums though.

I got my corn today! Pics coming tomorrow evening. I think it is a female and it is a Creamsicle Stripe which I'm told is actually a Corn/Ratsnake hybrid if I remember correctly. She is about a year old and beautiful! Still thinking of a name...

Back