• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Noob with questions?!?!?!?!

alxx11uml

I recently got a snow corn, have had her for a couple of weeks. She has fed twice since i've had her with no regurge and poop is fine. My question is about my snake having some dark areas under her scales more towards the tail end, it is hard for me to tell whether she is in "blue" or not as i have not seen her eyes be cloudy and since she is pink it is hard for me to tell just by looking at her, this also my first snake. Any feedback at all would be much appreciated. Thanks

It can be hard to tell when snows are in blue.
Dark areas under the scales would have nothing to do with being blue in a snow.
How old or how big is your snake? With a small, young light colored snake like a snow some times it is possible to see the poo inside the snake. Is it possible for you to post a picture?

not possible for me to post a pic right now but yes i have noticed that you can see the poo inside the snake but theses darker areas remain. i wanna say she's between 12-14 inches.

No idea about the dark spots but as far as being able to tell when snows are blue, at that age it can be very tough to tell but you'll notice their behavior change a little when they are blue and there will be a slight cloudiness to their eyes. after seeing it more than a few times I can tell right off the bat now so with a little experience you'll be able to tell no problem.

Thanks i guess i'll just watch her for now. I have another question, Can i use the same feeding tank for both my corn snakes?

Sure, I would just wash it out after each one so that no nasties get spread around.

Back