• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Normal lengths and weights?

Hello everyone, I was just curious what the normal weight/lengths are for a full grown corn, and what age is a corn considered an adult and stops growing. My corn is between 10 months - a year old (unsure of birthday) and with my weigh in today is about 70 grams roughly. I have a very small scale and he wouldnt stop squirming so it was hard to get a perfect weigh in but i settled for approximate. He is feeding on hoppers right now. In september he was only fed twice because my sister forgot to feed him, so he was feed every two weeks when i came home from school (living on campus at university). Although he was fed only twice last month he is doing very well and shed about 2 times last month (both complete :D). He looks like the perfect weight at the moment and i feel like if i start feeding him every week he might get to fat. What do you guys think on that as well? Should i continue to feed him every week or keep feeding every other week? Will feeding every other week stunt his growth?

Thanks in advance! :D

They will vary and generally end up between 3-5 feet when full grown. I wouldn't worry about the feeding issue but I would recommend feeding him once a week instead of every other since he is still growing. My boy, when I got him as a hatchling, had been on a 'maintenance' diet since the breeder wasn't sure he'd sell so he was getting minimum food. Now, he's about 4.5 feet long and hefty (I hate calling him fat though I'm pretty sure the scale would say otherwise at this point). Don't worry. All corns are different and in the wild, they would be lucky to get food once a week sometimes.
If you wished, you probably could keep feeding him every other week though that would slow his growth. I don't believe it would stunt his full adult size. It would just take him a bit longer to reach it.

Back