• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Not a corn, but too cute not to share

J&SReptiles

Here's a Ball to fall in love with.
She's a '06 Lemon pastel, and she's so sweet!
I couldn't resist sharing this lovely pic with you guys ;)

IMG_0810.jpg

Thank you Susielea!
She's definately my favourite Ball in our collection :D Not that the others aren't great pets, but she's by far the prettiest, haha.
I've found that balls are the easiest species to photograph, because they just stay where you put them. My corns are far too curious about their environment to stay that still. You can almost hear them thinking 'hmm, what's this? let's check it out!'

That picture is amazing. I might just add it to the list of snakes that go in my screen saver. If thats alright with you.

Awesome looking Ball Python, hopefully I can get a Pastel one this summer they really are amazing.. I had bought a baby from a pet store before my corn and it did not eat for two months, I tried everything, braining, live, chicken broth on f/t, nothing so the little guy passed, I was pretty upset, so I've been put off these beautiful guys but like I said maybe I'll find a breeder of them this summer, cause they reallly are awesome.

I'm very sorry for your loss Paul-Dominic, and I hope your new Ball will give you years of pet-owners-pleasure :)
I've had a similar problem with my Yellow Belly male. He was extremely underweight when i got him, and wouldn't eat. Then i read something on a website about hand feeding them. It involves keeping the snake loosely in one hand so it's still comfortable, and having a frozen thawed mouse in the other, and then gently (no force) putting the mouce in the mouth of the snake. With Yb (my male), his feeding reflexes kicked in the moment the mouse was between his jaws and he ate the mouse himself. I've never had to do it again, luckily.
I suspect that he was never fed before at the breeder, and the stress of the transport from the US to Europe was also very bad for him. He's doing fine now, but he's still smaller than my other male Balls.
The Lemon pastel female is huge now compared to him, haha.

Clipclopclip, i see you own a mojave ball, those are awesome! I'm thinking about getting one of those too (or maybe two, super mojaves are awesome too :D)

Back