• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Not a feeding problem but a bit frustrating

chag67

Turns out that Ty is a very shy eater. This is the second week in a row that I have had to leave the fuzzy right in front of his warm hide and leave over night. Both times, he ate the fuzzy by morning.

Is there a way to "teach" him to be more open during his feeding time. I also am not particularly fond of feeding him in his Viv. I do not want to starve the poor guy just to get him to eat in a separate feeding bin. The first 2 feedings after I "rescued" him from Petsmart went very well. He ate with gusto 2 pinkies in a separate feeding tub each time. Just confused as to why he has turned into such a shy eater.

Also, i do try to handle him about 15 min a day, unless he has just ate. I'm not too concerned since he is in good health, good color, and pretty active during the handling sessions. Just disappointed he is a shy eater.

He should grow out of it. I have 2 that are shy eaters. One was super bad for a while. had to put him in the petsmart box with the pinky over night in his viv. now i can pull him out put him in a critter carrier in a quiet spot and he will eat after about 20 mins of looking and sniffing his food and to this day still refuses to be tong fed. Its been almost a year and at least he lets me watch him eat now as long as i don't move around to much.

I am glad that Ty is eatting thats wonderful. :)

Any Corn that eats is a winner! I also think that he'll probably grow out of it. They do change their eating habits during their life, so I'd just go along with what he wants for a few feeds, then try the feeding tub again in a couple of months.

I agree. I am thrilled that he eats. I'm also very happy that he progressed up to the fuzzies without any issues. I think he has grown quite a bit since getting him. I have to get a new battery for my scale.

My only other issue is that he seems to wait until I get him out and handle him on my bed before he decides to take a nice big poop. He has never went on the floor or carpet or me. He waits until he is on the bed.

Back