• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Not eating cus he's in blue?

Morticia

Hey guys

A few days ago Seth went into his blue phase and today is his feeding day. Well I took him out and placed him in his feeding "box" together with a mouse (live) and to my absolute surprise...he just refused to take em! Normally he just goes berzerk and eats them right away without hesitation, even when he's about to shed!

I checked my temps in the viv and it's an approx. 76° as usual.

Now I was wondering what to do, try feeding him again later, try it tomorrow or just wait till he shed and try again then? What could be causing this btw, as far as I know all the conditions were the same like every other normal feeding day :S

My amel eats no matter what, in blue or not. But my butter has refused food for the past four sheds. So I just wait until the next schedule feeding.

Lennycorn said:
My amel eats no matter what, in blue or not. But my butter has refused food for the past four sheds. So I just wait until the next schedule feeding.

:-offtopic must be an amel thing? :shrugs:

Maizey ate once when she was in blue, but since then, since she pretty much holes up in her humid hide and doesn't move for ten days, I just leave her alone. Last shed, she'd gone clear, so I thought she'd be shed by the time I got home from work, but she wasn't. I thought I'd feed her anyway, since she'd fed while blue for me once before. She shed in the feeding container, pooped, crawled through it, didn't eat. I washed her off and tried again the next night, and she ate fine. I feel bad for doing that. I would have caught her shedding and removed her, but for the last several months she's only been eating if undisturbed for several hours.

I'd just wait till Seth sheds, then feed him. They're all different. Now you know!

Nanci

Jimmyman28 said:
:-offtopic must be an amel thing? :shrugs:

It's an individual snake thing. Some eat in blue, others don't. Either way, it's nothing to worry about.

Back