• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

not eating for 2 months

ninasnake

I am a first time snake owner and I had him for about 9 months , he is about 3-4 years old

He refuses to eat for last 2 months. I tried to feed him every 2 weeks- still no success.

He was normaly eating large mice but for last 2 months the only time he ate was when I gave him 2 small ones. that was about 1 month ago. then I tried with a large one again- nope.

few days ago he ate a fuzzy ( i gave it to him because i defrosted it for another tiny snake but the small snake was blue so i did not feed her).
When i saw him eating a fuzzy, I defrosted a small mouse for him to follow- nope.

He did not shed skin since last september.

Otherwise he seems healthy.
What do do? is he resting because it is winter?

It's breeding season, he might be put off food because he might be more interested in mating than food ;)

jagz is right he might wanna mate more than eat right now so dont worry quite yet because snakes can go a good while without eating. maybe the adult mice are to big for him and thats why he feeds on the fuzzies. just a thought tho

Back