• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

not eating/regurg

fc0330

I have a 2 year old corn. She has not taken a mouse in 6-7 weeks. Yesterday I tried to feed her a small mouse, (pre-killed), and she regurgitated within 10 minutes. Her color is good and she still her usual friendly self. Her last shed completed 2 weeks ago. She has been in her hide box most of this time.(6-7 weeks) I have had her about 8 months, and she has always been a great feeder. Do corns hibernate?

Well corns do brumate, but usually only if they're given a decrease in temps and it's sustained.

What are your temps at?

they do, and alot of corns will regurge if temperatures aren't warm enought to digest. Check your temps. Make sure she has some source of heat or the mouse will just sit and rot in her gut. Since she just regurgitated, you need to give her at least 10 days to build her stomach acids back up. If you feed her too soon, she'll regurge again, and you'll have to start all over. Warm her up and then try again. Let me know what happens. We;re all here to help.

my temps are a little lower even with the overhead light. We have had a cold winter, so far. Can this cause the regurgitation.

fc0330 said:
my temps are a little lower even with the overhead light. We have had a cold winter, so far. Can this cause the regurgitation.
Bingo! In a colder environment, I believe under tank heat is best. You didn't mention a heat source other than the overhead light. If you don't have one, go to wal-mart or Kmart and buy a human heating pad, about $10 with 3 heat settings and put under half the tank. Wait about 7-10 days before you feed again. The low setting on the heat pad should be sufficient. You want a high end of at least 80-85 degrees.

Mike B

Back