• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

not liking me?

Pandora

I have a quick question. do corns or ings defecate on you if they are nervous or dont want to be held? this is an adult im talking about. its been a few days since i held her last and she seemed a bit skiddish. i just want to know if shes going to do this all the time or was it just an accident? thanks.

I'm not sure about deficating, but some corns will musk on you. Mine craps on me almost everytime I take him out. The reason (I'm sure) is because he's a hider, so if I want to handle him, I must disturb his sleep. I never see him out from a hide.

But I digress... an easy way I found to stop this (if it becomes a problem) is to set up a small tub of 80 degree water, then soak his back end. Within a minute (usually takes about 20 seconds) he'll poop.

Ta-da! :D

yes, some will poop on you in a nervous gesture, but if you don't put them away, they learn it won't do any good. Usually, they'll stop. I try to wait until mine has gone after feeding before I hold her to avoid that.

its funny that you guys say that. i fed her her first mouse(was fuzzies)a week and aday ago. she has pooped like 4 or 5 times incuding the one on me last night. is that normal? im not sure why she did it ither. ive laways handled her. i wonder why she all of asudden decided to get nervous?

Pandora said:
its funny that you guys say that. i fed her her first mouse(was fuzzies)a week and aday ago. she has pooped like 4 or 5 times incuding the one on me last night. is that normal? im not sure why she did it ither. ive laways handled her. i wonder why she all of asudden decided to get nervous?

Yeah... I started another thread about this. I have a poopy snake. Poops 4-5 times after every meal, within about 5-6 days, and always 2-3 times on the 2nd or 3rd day after feeding. This is why I started with the bath trick. It's the only way I can handle him without getting crapped on.

Sometimes its nervousness. Sometimes its just that being held stimulates the muscles into a bowel movement. One of my male snows never did this before, but when I took him out last night, he decided I looked like a toilet. I got him to the sink just in time. Sometimes when you gotta go, you just gotta go.

one more question then while we're on the subject of poop. when she did it on me last night, it looked different from the stuff thats been in the tank. it had bright red(a piece)in it and some brownish. i think the stuff in the cage has been mostly blackish with white. any reason. or does it have different coloring?

Back