• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

not new to the hobby but need all the info i can get

jerrybforl

i have to female corns one is a black albino and the other im not sure. i have had the oldest for almost five years and the other little over three. i am appreciative of any advice about them and will post pics so maybe someone can clearify the species of corns i have.

thanks,
JJ:wavey:

Welcome to the forum! "Black Albino" is another name for Anerythristic (Anery for short)... You'll see most people here calling it anery. =) I actually have an anery girl, too!

As for your mystery girl, she looks like an anery to me. It's interesting, though... Her saddles are browner than usual, and have a frosted look... I don't know. I've only been into corns for a year, and I have yet to see any morph close-up in person other than my snakes, which consist of 2 aneries and a normal, and some candy cane hatchies that were at a crappy local pet store that has since closed down. -shrug-

It looks like some type of Ghost to me, Hypo+Anery. But you'd need someone more experienced than me to tell you for sure & to take a guess at what type of Ghost.

Welcome to the forums!! I'm personally pretty awful with morphs so I won't even confuse you with a guess but I'm sure more experienced members will be along shortly!!

Welcome to the forums though and I hope you enjoy it!

I'm going to take a (not so) wild guess and say that Rose is a hybrid. :shrugs: I know everyone says that, when they're not sure, but I've never seen that color combo or head shape in a PBC before. It could be the angle of the camera, I suppose.

I'd have to disagree with the ghost suggestion though. I've got a ghost myself, and though he's quite a bit younger, he doesn't even look close to this gal. I suppose it's possible though. She definitely has some sort of anery in her.

Try taking her to the Photos forum or the Morphs/Cultivars forum. Someone there ought to be able to tell you in the blink of an eye. :shrugs:

Good luck. Welcome to the site. :wavey:

Adam

I would say it looks like a really brown colored anery or a ghost (hypo anery). I personally do not think it is a hybrid. I have seen several lines of ghosts that look very much like your snake. Some say that the frosted look (white or lighter colored areas inside of the saddle blotches) comes from obseleta blood and that may be true, but that look has been in many corn lines for a long time. Anyway, nice looking snakes and welcome to the forums. Good luck identifying your mystery morph.

Scott

hey thanks guys for all the help i do remember her being a ghost but not 100percent. also i am currently working on a dual cage for my girls and was wondering does anyone have diy ideas about UTH. i would really appreicate any input about it. thanks again JJ

Back