• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

not shedding

snowboardmoose

she's been blue for about 3 days now and still hasn't shed the humidity is a constant 48 and nothing she always stays in her hide and never comes out whats wrong?

Mine stayed in blue for 4 days and same thing wouldn't come out unless taken out..I took him out and let him swim for lil bit and then in 2 days it shed full body.

First of all don't panic, it all sounds normal!

Corns take anything from a few days to a week or so to complete the shed cycle, and they can be "in blue" anywhere from 24hrs to a week-ish. Then the blue stage passes and they go clear again before shedding a few days later.

It's quite normal for your baby to be hiding during this time, as they have reduced sight whilst in shed and feel more vulnerable.

I personally don't handle mine while they are in shed, but if I have to get them out for any reason then I try to point them in the direction of a secure hide, so they can find it easier because of the reduced vision.

Hope that helps you some, best wishes

and shes I've had her for about 2 months and she use to stay up in a crack between the top and the wall for about 1 month but now she just hides in her hide never comes out

Back