• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Not sure if shes in "blue"?

RainbowMary

right well the first time she shed, she stayed in her hide for 3 days and the times
I got her out I didn't notice cloudy eyes but I could of missed it, but THIS time I've had her out every day except I fed her Sunday and since I knew she is due for a shed I didn't handle her but lifted her hide to check her eyes Monday and today, both times no cloudiness but today she is a VERY dark colour and her the brown blocks on her underside (don't know what they're officially called lol) are very light and cloudy so I'm SURE shes in blue because this time she does look noticeably different, but no cloudy eyes? how could I have missed it again? can anyone tell me if she is about to shed, the most noticeable bit was her underside, does anyone else use this as a tail tell sign? Thanks

Mary, I feel like we worry too much about this sometimes. I have many (many many) snakes and don't see each individual every day and sometimes no more than once a week. I miss the blue phase probably as often as I see it. I really don't worry about it much. If they are having a problem shed you will be sure to see that, but even that is really unusual. Really I have over a hundred snakes and I probably only see two problem sheds a year.

If you are concerned put a moist hide in. Moist not wet. If the snake feels the need he will use it, but he may not. He will know what he needs.

From your description it sounds as if she in blue.

My advice would be to put the humid hide in. I use them regularly for my snakes. They love them and always have good sheds.

Make sure you get pics when she sheds!

Back