• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

NOT SURE WHAT TO DO, CORN ABOUT TO SHED

hi guys, my 4 month snake has not pooped and been hidden for a while, i just got his feeding tank out to feed him and he was very still, i see his eyes have gone milky so i gather he is about to shed, do i still get him out to feed or leave him alone, I am worried as i go away for a week Monday and want to feed him before I go away, any suggestions, thanks

I'd wait till right before you're about to leave and leave a thawed mouse in his enclosure, if he eats it he eats it, also your snake has likely pooped it's just hard to find it sometimes

ok thats a good idea, but worried he could eat a bit of the substrate, sorry i am so new to this and perhaps a bit over cautious, also he is hiding in his cold hide and worry that he should be in the hot one... thank you CarlosI210

Well snakes don't really have a nice clean surface to eat on in the wild so they won't really injest much if any substrate, and if they do it more than likely won't cause problems, but if you're worried about it you can do what I do and get a piece of paper put it in the viv and put the mouse on the paper so it isn't on substrate and your snake can eat without fear of putting anything besides food in its mouth

I usually still put him in a different tank and feed him even when it is almost time for him to shed

Lol, he will find it fine, none the less! ;) It won't "set you back" from feed-training him if you feed him occasionally in his viv.
~Beau

Thank's guys, I just fed him in his feeding tank, he ate it and now back in the viv and curled up in his warm hide, i put some damp moss in his cooler hide, is that the right thing to do ?

Back