• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

nothing corny about it

xgrafcorex

Corn Spider
today i picked up my first snake that isn't a corn. got this little striped king snake. :D so far it seems pretty mellow..right now its just exploring its new home. heres some pics. i love striped snakes :D

IMG_6156s.jpg

IMG_6160s.jpg

IMG_6162s.jpg

IMG_6167s.jpg

He's a gorgeous looking king! I nearly got one that looked similar, but went with the high white striped king, that looks exactly like this boy, only the colors are reversed! lol

Jenn

nice! they are great looking snakes. its been pretty relaxed throughout the whole ordeal. at the reptile store the guy removed it and handed it to me immediately and it didnt flinch in the transition. was calm when i let it out of its shipping container onto my hand. since then i've let it loose in the 10 gallon tank and it explored for a while climbing on everything..then found a nice spot and has bee hiding t here since.

What a nice looking king! I have a high white cali and will be looking for a female similar to yours when I go to the next show. Beautiful snake!

He's beautiful! I just love my little Cali King so much. He's so mellow and gentle and relaxed, and a perfect feeder. And a perfect shedder- how do they know to go in a moist hide when they've never seen such a thing before? Your little guy looks so much like my Choco in the head (then totally different). My guy _loves_ to climb. Vines, the temp probe cord, etc. But when I take him out, he'll just sit in my hand, perfectly content. I'd heard they were tempermental, and the guy that gave me Choco said he was the meanest snake he'd ever seen- but I've never seen any evidence of that...I love the little dots on your guy's head. he's adorable.

Nanci

thanks everyone. i was talking to someone on another forum and i guess kings can have a bit of attitude sometimes.

mine loves to climb as well. though it hasn't been out of its hiding spot much at all. i got to see it a little bit yesterday but very briefly. its only been here for a couple days though, so its probably still just adjusting. when it was initially out, it climbed all over everything in there heh. HA! speak of the devil...i just looked over at the tank and i can see its head sticking out. :D

Back