• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

O.B.T. = Orange Bitey Thing

DAND

Aka Usambara Orange Baboon: Pterinochilus murinus rcf

Attachments

• OBT1.jpg
    OBT1.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 112
  • OBT2.jpg
    OBT2.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 111
  • OBT3.jpg
    OBT3.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 111
  • OBT4.jpg
    OBT4.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 109
  • OBT5.jpg
    OBT5.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 106
O.B.T. Part 2

And a few more...

Attachments

• OBT6.jpg
    OBT6.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 104
  • OBT7.jpg
    OBT7.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 102
  • OBT8.jpg
    OBT8.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 100
  • OBT9.jpg
    OBT9.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 103
  • OBT10.jpg
    OBT10.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 103
She's sure...orange. What are those glowing blue things on her feet? Cool spider!

Nanci

Nanci said:
She's sure...orange. What are those glowing blue things on her feet? Cool spider!

Nanci

Those are just her feet. I rather like the iridescent look to their feet. :cool:

I dunno.

It looks more F.O.B.T.* than O.B.T. to me.

Just my opinion, however. You're the one that keeps 'em, not me.

regards,
jazz

*Furry Orange Bitey Thing

haha jazzgeek :p

IRT #1, very nice, i love seeing them, but wouldnt want one for a pet,, not scared of them, just not to fond of them :p Props for braving it ;)

I briefly had to look after some t's (long story) last year, and the starburst baboon is the only one I really miss after re-homing them with a collector. She was extremely mild-mannered, and never showed any of the attitude that I was told baboons usually do. I know it may sound odd but she used to have a stroll around her tank around 7 in the morning and I used to chat to her.......... :sidestep: yup, that does sound odd even to me. Anyway, she was no trouble even when I was taking dead crickets out or changing her water. The reason I re-homed her was after some research showed me what she was capable of, I felt she would be better with an experienced keeper, but I do now wish I'd kept her. Thanks for sharing yours!

diamondlil said:
I briefly had to look after some t's (long story) last year, and the starburst baboon is the only one I really miss after re-homing them with a collector. She was extremely mild-mannered, and never showed any of the attitude that I was told baboons usually do. I know it may sound odd but she used to have a stroll around her tank around 7 in the morning and I used to chat to her.......... :sidestep: yup, that does sound odd even to me. Anyway, she was no trouble even when I was taking dead crickets out or changing her water. The reason I re-homed her was after some research showed me what she was capable of, I felt she would be better with an experienced keeper, but I do now wish I'd kept her. Thanks for sharing yours!

Now I am curious what they are capable of.... :eek1:

It's fangs are amazing/horrible... cannot choose :rolleyes: I have no idea, but are these venomous?

Blutengel said:
Now I am curious what they are capable of.... :eek1:

It's fangs are amazing/horrible... cannot choose :rolleyes: I have no idea, but are these venomous?

They are capable of leaving some nasty puncture marks and swelling. If you are allergic then that's another story.

Yes all T's are venomous.

We now have a "Rose Hair" that is pretty laid back,
the Baboon and the Red Knee were pretty hyper. Our first
was a Desert Brown rescued from a busy highway before being
squashed.. Tarantulas are really great low maintenance pets.
If they bite it's like a mild bee sting, irritating but doesn't hurt..
We love ours, Yours is REALLY brite.. enjoy it!! we love ours...

I believe all arachnids are venomous it's just that most common spiders have such small amounts that people aren't always affected. Look at the little Recluse and the damage it does!

Looking at the pictures, I was like, "Oh, pretty orange." And then I scrolled down and it turned into, "...AHHH WTF FANGS!" :crazy02:

Pretty spiders are nice when they are away from me and on the Internet.

Another tarantula owner!! I have a few myself, used to have an OBT but I never saw him so I rehomed him along with a hap. I have an adult rosie that rivals any OBT in attitude, I have to use tongs just to changer her water :duck:

I've got a few pics of mine at
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v299/waldo_20012001/bugs/

I need to get new pics since so many have molted recently.

Nanci said:
What are those glowing blue things on her feet?
Socks. OBT's get cold feet at night . . . :sidestep:

waldo said:
OBT but I never saw him so I rehomed him along with a hap.
Never see mine all that often either, but crazyily enough, tht's what fascinates me about them. A spider(s) that dig holes (and I mean digs!)! My OBT comes out at meal time to steal his crickets. My hap doesn't come out any more, but every other week or so he does some more remodeling in his tunnel and leaves a bucket 'o dirt out side his hole. Amazingly, I started his burrow for him in his new cage with some pipe insulation . . . first morning I found chewed up pipe insulation outside his hole!!

BTW, Dave, here's the welcome my OBT gave me 2 seconds out of the shipping vial:
PMurinus206.jpg

D80

Back