• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

odd

felix

for the past month my corn is hiding under its water bowl. butshe never drinks out of it the other day i spilled some water on the floor and my corn was roaming around and when i turned she was drinking the water how do i get my corn to drink from the water bowl instead of hiding under it:nope::shrugs:

They don't like to drink if there is anybody watching, so you probably won't see her drink very often but she does do it. (Her water is fresh and clean at all times, right?)

As for hiding under it, my corn does the same thing. I actually want to get her a raised plastic dog bowl with space underneath so she can use it as a legitimate hide (and have a slightly harder time tipping it over). It's probably nice and cool under there.

Move the water bowl to the other side of the cage and see if she's always under it. If she is, take it out and put a new water bowl in. There's nothing bad about hiding under the bowl, but if she's prefering it no matter the temps, that's a problem.

Hey Felix,

You need to remember that most snakes are night time creatures. So your snake is drinking the water at night when you are in bed and fast asleep. I have no way to tell you what a dehydrated snake looks like however if your snake looks normal then it is drinking water from it's bowl. If you think it is not drinking water from the bowl then when you clean the bowl place you snake's head next to the bowl and it will drink then. I know my own snakes will drink when I do this about half the time.

And as Cat said make sure the water bowl is clean at least once a week.

Love the Fatman

I have a ceramic bowl, and I make sure it's sitting flat on the bottom of the tank, so then the snake can't really get under it.

I use dishes that allow the snakes to use them as hides. They are the cool side hides. I would put them on the warm side but am afraid the water would evaporate and have to be replaced every couple days. Probably wouldn't but I do worry lol.

my snake must be odd then becouse when i when to put him back in to his tank he when right for the water and was drinking while i was holding 1/2 of him. LOL

Back